In this context, Personal Data is defined as information, both individually and if aggregated with other information, that allows the identification of an individual, either directly or indirectly.
Information We Collect
We collect the following categories of Personal Data about website visitors, candidates, marketing targets, and individuals registering for or using CTG services.
- System and device data: Internet Protocol (IP) address of devices, type of browser software, operating system, or mobile device in use, associated region or location data, Internet domain and service provider used, and referring/exit pages from which you linked to a CTG site
- Job candidate data: Data provided by candidates in connection with employment opportunities
Contact data: Name, title, organization, phone numbers, mailing address, and email address
- Registration data: CTG information and marketing requests and event/seminar registrations
- Marketing data: Participation in events and seminars, opt-in marketing selection, and document or resource download references
- Customer data: Data received from customers in support of services provided to or on behalf of our customers
Identification data: Government or national identifiers, identification documents such as passports or licenses, and dates of birth.
Personal Data Use
The purposes for which we process Personal Data include the following:
- Enhancing our web sites requires us to use system and device data. Improving the use, layout, and content of our sites for our visitors is in our legitimate interests.
- Protecting the security and availability of CTG information systems and assets requires the use of system and device data. It is in our legitimate interest to monitor our systems and assets to help detect and prevent misuse, tampering, or unauthorized access.
- Considering candidates for job opportunities with CTG requires us to use job candidate data, contact data, and identification data for processing applications and complying with legal obligations which we are subject to
- Addressing compliance and legal obligations require us to use contact data, identification data, customer data, and system and device data to ensure we comply with our legal obligations
- Providing marketing information requires us to use contact data, marketing data, registration data, and system and device data. This includes newsletters, company announcements, conferences and networking opportunities, online resources, services, and CTG job opportunities. The processing of the data is in our legitimate interest in order to provide individuals who choose to opt-in for this information with tailored marketing information
- Providing services and managing our relationships with our customers requires us to use contact data, registration data, and customer data in order to fulfill our contractual obligations to our customers and clients
- Managing our business operations requires us to use contact data, registration data, customer data, marketing data and system and device data to support our contractual obligations and legal requirements for business processes including financial, resource, and supplier management.
Personal Data Sharing
We may share Personal Data with the following third parties:
- Suppliers or vendors in which we have a contract with to process Personal Data on behalf or at the direction of CTG for the processing purposes previously identified
- Organizations involved in corporate transactions including any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings); and
- Organizations or entities involved in legal claims or mandatory disclosures. This includes but is not limited to: regulatory requests, legally enforceable requests, court order or subpoenas, or law enforcement or government agency’s requests.
How Long We Keep Personal Data
Protection of Personal Data
CTG takes reasonable and appropriate physical, technical, and administrative measures to protect Personal Data from loss, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, destruction, and unavailability, taking into account the risks involved in the processing and the nature of the data. While we are committed to protecting your Personal Data, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us.
You have control over your Personal Data for direct marketing by CTG. You need to expressly consent and opt-in in order to receive communications from CTG and have control over the types of communications you choose to receive. At any point, you may withdraw your consent via the links or directions in the associated communications or websites.
Alternatively, you may consider installing a plugin provided and maintained by Google that allows you to “opt-out” of the analytics. The link to obtain more information regarding this plugin may be found at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/. PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS LINK IS CONTROLLED BY A THIRD PARTY AND IS PROVIDED AS A CONVENIENCE ONLY. CTG MAKES ABSOLUTELY NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND REGARDING THE LINK, GOOGLE PLUGIN OR OTHER RESOURCES AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS LINK. IN ADDITION, CTG HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
We use a tool called “HubSpot” to collect information about use of this site. HubSpot gathers information by tracking technologies such as cookies and tracking pixels. We use the information we get from HubSpot to evaluate the impact of our email campaigns. HubSpot collects IP addresses, associated location or region information, date and time, and browser type of the device you use to visit this site. This information is not linked to you by HubSpot and can only be linked by CTG to your name or other identifying information if you provide explicit consent through CTG’s marketing campaigns. We only receives location or region information, date and time of visits, and browser information from HubSpot.
Every time a visitor lands on our websites, CTG will check for an existing HubSpot tracking cookie. If one does not exist, and the visitor has authorized the use of marketing cookies through CTG’s cookie selection process, a cookie will be associated with that visitor and will log every page that person visits on CTG’s site going forward. This cookie contains a token that uniquely identifies the visitor’s session and expires in two years. Although CTG plants a cookie in your web browser to identify you as a unique visitor the next time you visit a CTG site, the cookie cannot be used by anyone but HubSpot.
You can prevent CTG from recognizing you on return visits to this site by disabling cookies in your browser or by making your selection regarding cookies following CTG’s cookie selection mechanism.
Use of CTG Website By Minors
CTG websites are not intended for children under the age of 13. We will not knowingly collect information from website visitors in this age group. CTG encourages parents to talk to their children about their use of the Internet and the information they disclose online.
Data Subject Rights
If you are in the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain rights around your Personal Data. If you wish to exercise these rights, you may contact CTG via email at [email protected] and we will respond to your request in a reasonable timeframe. These rights include the following:
- Access: The right to request a copy of the Personal Data we are processing about you. We may request that you provide verification of your identity prior to providing the data and we will provide a copy of the data in electronic form.
- Rectification: The right to update your information if it is incomplete or inaccurate
- Restriction: The right to request that we restrict the processing of your Personal Data.
- Object: The right to object to the processing of your Personal Data, where CTG’s justification is legitimate interest.
- Erasure: You have the right to request we delete your Personal Data. Note that we may be required to retain certain data in order to comply with legal obligations and if so, this will be communicated to you.
- Portability: The right to request a copy of your Personal Data that we are processing in a usable format. This is limited to Personal Data that you have provided to us.
- Complaint: You have the right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority if you believe that we have not complied with your request or applicable data protection laws.
Changes to This Policy
If you have a question or complaint regarding the data collected or have questions regarding this privacy statement or other privacy matters, please contact CTG at the following address: